Valuewaste Project Coordinator, CETENMA, took the project to the “Waste Management in the Circular Economy” organised by the European Academy in Berlin the 27 and 28 of February 2020.
Experts in the event
- Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and Sustainable Resource Management
- DSD – Duales System Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- European Cement Association (CEMBUREAU)
- European Commision, Directorate-General for Environment
- European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC)
- Extended Producer Responsibility Alliance (EXPRA)
- Royal Philips
- Sulapac Ltd
- Technology Centre for Energy and the Environment (CETENMA)
- Waste Agency of Catalonia
Presentation of Valuewaste
Gemma Castejón (Managing Director, Technology Centre for Energy and the Environment at CETENMA) and Martín Soriano (R&D Project Coordinator, Technology Centre for Energy and the Environment at CETENMA) gave the following presentation “Unlocking New Values from Urban Biowaste: the VALUEWASTE Project”.
The presentation covered the following topics: challenges of the urban biowastes’ management; integrated approach in urban biowaste upcycling; implemention of the three value chains that will use urban biowaste as raw material and increase of the consumer’s awareness and acceptance of urban biowaste-derived products.